Medical warning for swallowed toothpick?
I ordered Jason's Deli and got a wrap sandwich. I took a couple of bites and did interest a crunch but thought it was the voluminous onion so I swallowed and then looked inside my sandwich and the tooth pick be all the means of access wrapped inside not sticking through the top like my kids. And I have swallowed half of it. I measured and it is in the order of a little over an inch. It's merely been almost 15 minutes and I feel okay, and I don't own medical insurance so I don't know if it calls for a ER trip? Is in that something I can do to help it go past? Should I notify Jason's Deli?
An inch of toothpick should pass fine. Your bowels are more than an inch and diameter. The toothpick should be wet in gastric juice and acid to break it down even though it is wood. But if you're worried, some signs of perforation of the intestine is blood in stool and abdominal backache.
But it should pass fine, there's no have need of to tie up emergency services for this if you do not have the presenting symptoms. I tight what are they going to do? Do surgery? Unlikely...not until you have presenting symptoms Give you laxitives? Sure why not and in the anticipate time drop your potassium levels to where on earth you'll be getting IV potassium.
Other than that, have some Preparation H on mitt for the exit of the toothpick.
"Urgent endoscopy is indicated for patients who have swallowed aluminum soda can tab or toothpicks, since these objects are not visible on plain radiographs and both hold a relatively high incidence of complications. If the history is clear, proceed to endoscopy; if hazy, CT scanning may be used to confirm the presence of the foreign body until that time endoscopy." 
"Approximately 80% to 90% of swallowed objects pass through the gastrointestinal tract in need problems. However, some types of objects can cause more serious problems when they are swallowed. These include:
* Sharp objects, such as instigate safety pins, bones, toothpicks, needles, cut-throat blades, or broken thermometers." 
"Call your health professional fast if you answer "Yes" to any of the following questions.
Note: Do not devour or drink anything until you have talk with your doctor.
Have you swallowed a sharp doubt, such as an open safekeeping pin, a straight pin, bone, toothpick, needle, blade blade, or broken thermometer?" 
If a dog can have a punctured stomache from a piece of bone broken rotten and it's used to chewing and eating bones, what within the world is going to happen to you near a sharp small toothpick as your stomache digests the food?
Over an inch of a toothpick sharp on one or both ends going through all those feet of intestine! And yes notify Jason's deli! There are also emergency nouns aid programs you can check out later. Don't adjournment! Go to the E.R. now!
There, you will find a sign on the wall that tell you what to do if you do not have insurance that will cover the stop by.
After you do that, you can deal near Jason's Deli.
And until you have proof of the toothpick,
the deli won't do anything anyway.
And you know...it isn't a moment ago that it can make a hole somewhere that can inflict a slow bleeding to death and such,
it is also that it can find lodged and cause you no bring to a close of silly sounding symptoms, that later will explanation you to be hard pressed to explain why you didn't walk and have it removed.
And, do you really want your extermination certificate to state that you died from a toothpick?